Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Very Nice

Before buying this iron, i googled "best steam iron", and this one came up. I read tons of reviews and saw more good than bad. I just went to Target an bought it for $[...] bucks. I only really need it for my dress shirts. My shirts cost a lot of money and i don't like to use starch spray on my them and i heard a really good steam iron is the way to go. So i just ironed 10 shirts from the wash, and maaaaan... this iron is awesome! I had one shirt that's been sitting in my closet for months. The pattern in the fabric makes this shirt very vulnerable to wrinkles after washing. I ran this iron over it, and bam! Wrinkles were no more!

This iron feels super smooth. I'm a guy and think the weight on it is perfect. i read a lot of people say that it was too heavy. I filled it to the max with water and found it to be just fine.

Now the downside. Leaking and spitting!! I just bought it, ironed 10 shirts, and already leaking and spitting. Now i don't know irons at all, so i don't know if that's just supposed to happen or if it's defective. The box says "anti drip", but it also says it only "helps prevent drips on low temp" settings. Also, the instructions says to use tap water or half tap/distilled. I just went ahead and used bottled water (which the instructions also suggest to use).

So if it didn't leak/spit, i'd give it a 5. My old iron was a black and decker 30 dollar piece of [...]. The steam on it didn't even get wrinkles out, if anything, created them. To be honest, i didn't even know steam itself could get wrinkles out. Basically, Rowenta's iron don't play, It's serious!

Overall, I say get. Even if you have to exchange it every 3 months, hell, i'll do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment