Friday, September 18, 2009

It's heavy but it works well,

I wanted an iron I could use for sewing, quilting and ironing clothes. I specifically wanted a "shot of steam" feature similar to my 30 year old iron that had died, where you can spray a little bit of steamy water in front of where you are ironing. This iron meets those criteria. It has a sharp point in front, which does make it easier to get in those sewing corners. It has well-distributed steam, and that works well. It uses spring water and I always have that around. The directions are very clear. I like the fact that it shuts off and then turns back on when you wiggle it. That is particularly useful for quilting.

It is HEAVY. Very heavy. It is also tall, which will take some getting used to. I feel like my hand is very far from the cloth. Of course, that is perception, not reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment