Thursday, September 24, 2009

I think this is a fabulous iron..

I have to admit before buying this iron I had the same old clanking cheesy iron I had used for 10 years ...that is when I used it. I usually just rewashed something rather than dragging that awful iron out....

It felt odd buying such an expensive iron (and I paid $10 more than amazon is charging) when I wasnt sure I would use it but I knew there had to be a better way... I have had it for six months and have had no mechanical issues. I see there are reviews with some various issues - I guess every single mechanical item has some individual lemons that come off the line ...it happens. Also unhappy customers are much more likely to voice their opinions that satisfied ones...

First let me say that yes, its heavier than cheaper irons but I think this actually helps 'press' out the wrinkles and pushing it back and forth isnt an issue for me with the weight - and I am not bench pressing it. However, if you need a light iron because you have minimal hand strength this wouldnt be a good choice. It holds a boat-load of water so you aren't filling it all the time. I just LOVE that. You can vary the steam and there is an auto-clean feature using the steam. The iron is also meant to use tap water, not anything special...

I have to say I iron now - and unlike my last iron where I would have to make pass after pass to get out a wrinkle, with this iron usually one pass is enough on regular weight clothes so ironing is actually quicker.

Rowenta is a very good quality name and a long standing company known for great irons... will every single iron come off the assembly line absolute perfection? probably not but I feel sure it is the individual iron and not the whole line because I think this has been a trouble free and great iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment