Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rowenta is made in Germany (NOT CHINA!)

Rowenta is made in Germany (NOT CHINA) and to me, that's a selling point in its own. This is our second Rowenta. The DM-88(?) was our first model that was still working but starting to leak after about 4+ years (from too many operator error drops I'm sure). It paid for itself many times over.

This new DX-8800 has been used for about a week now and its obviously another solid Rowenta iron we look forward to using for some time. It makes even shorter work of my self-ironed work dress shirts, pants and on the rare occasion that I iron jeans, the extra steam burst will lay em flat in no time. The 1750 watts on this unit trump the 1400 or 1500 on the prior Rowenta and even then it seemed to be alot of power/steam. I purchased this with a credit card that will extend the great 1 yr mfg warranty another full year. What else can I say, SOLD!

UPDATE: I tried updating this review last week but it didn't stick for some reason. This iron is almost 2 months into daily use for a family of 3 and its still laying any fabric flat in no time.

I am updating this review to add what I meant to acknowledge the first time. Rowenta's may cost more initially but when you factor in the fact that they operate on convenient tap water versus expensive store bought distilled water, over time, the Rowenta wins out for convenience and dollars spent. While others are chasing distilled water, I walk over to the sink and fill it up. Thank you Rowenta!

UPDATE II (5/30/09)

We have followed the mfg instructions to the letter regarding how to use the self cleaning function of the iron (every 30 days).

I don't know why so many in this forum seem to have problems with this particular model because our unit continues to effectively work like day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment